Friday, January 24, 2014

Valentine's Day: Fall in Love with Algebra!


It is almost Valentine's Day and I am getting geared up to pull out this goodie from my file:
I created this set because Algebra can be really difficult for some kids due to the abstract thinking and the introduction of letters replacing the empty box or other fun shape that they have seen in previous grades. My Fall in Love with Algebra set has several activities to teach and reinforce basic algebra concepts in a variety of interactive ways.  It also makes a C-U-T-E bulletin board!
Check it out:

4 Definition Posters
             Algebraic Expression, Inverse Operation, Algebraic Equation, Variable




2 Algebra Rule Posters with examples:



Algebra Terms Foldable that is great for their math notebook or to review!

Algebra Review Game with 20 algebraic equations, 1 game board, 1 spinner
GREAT for review or center work!





Broken Heart Algebra Match Up Activity
 Your students will LOVE matching up the correct variable with its algebraic equation- 12 in total!





and 8 algebra word problem questions


   You can get this pack on sale now here at my TpT store for this week only AND for a little pinning fun I will email this set to the first 2 commenters who pin this. Just leave me your email and a link to the pin on Pinterest!  

4 comments:

  1. Looks like an activity I could definitely use with my fourth graders, Here's my pin: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/279786195574612852/
    Thanks,
    Ursula
    ugamler@boyertownasd.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun!!! Here's my pinhttp://www.pinterest.com/pin/189291990562258905/
    Thanks!! Sherry
    sajohannes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a middle school math teacher, I love that idea!! Please check out LIFTPackages.blogspot.com. It is a teacher exchange program in which you meet teachers and send packages. Please feel free to sign up and pass our name along!

    Thanks
    -LIFTPackages

    ReplyDelete